On May 14, the Ontario government announced which retailers, seasonal businesses, and health and community service providers are allowed to open as part of the first stage of the government’s reopening framework.
Sat., May 16
- golf courses,
- boat clubs and public boat launches for recreational use, and
- private parks and campgrounds.
Tues., May 19
Allowed to reopen:
- retail services that are not in shopping malls and have separate street-front entrances with measures in place that can enable physical distancing,
- seasonal businesses and recreational activities for individual or single competitors,
- animal services, specifically pet care services, such as grooming and training, and regular veterinary appointments, and
- indoor and outdoor household services that can follow public health guidelines, such as housekeepers, cooks, cleaning and maintenance.
Certain health and medical services were allowed to resume, such as in-person counselling; in-person services, in addition to virtual services, delivered by health professionals; and scheduled surgeries, all based on the ability to meet pre-specified conditions.
We encourage our Members to reopen when they are allowed only if they feel confident in their ability to do so safely for all. The government has prepared reopening guidelines for every industry, accessible on Ontario.ca under Health and wellness/COVID-19. Grey Bruce Public Health is another great resource.
Please know that if you have staff serving the public across a counter, a shield between them could mean the difference between life and death for someone in the community, as potential asymptomatic carriers start to move throughout our region, some ignoring safe social distancing, as seen last weekend.
We’d like to welcome Gibson Excavating of Flesherton to the Grey Highlands Chamber of Commerce! Gibson Excavating is an experienced JD650K bulldozer operator capable of providing property development services, building berms and stockpiles, grading, landscaping, building driveways, restoring property, and levelling fill.
SUPPORT THE HOSPITAL
If you’re able, try your luck at winning $2,400 of groceries from Markdale Foodland AND support the Centre Grey Health Services Foundation. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20 – call 519-377-9234.
Are you on Facebook, Chamber Member? If you “friend” the Chamber page, I’ll work hard to share your posts out to the Chamber’s Facebook Friends, helping you reach a wider audience. Get your message out to more people. Get your product in front of more people. Just like that.